Temporary screen error?

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago this weird screen slowly faded onto my screen while browsing the Internet. I hit ESC and it went away, then reappeared a few minutes later. I restarted and it was fine. The next day it did it again but just for a second, then it cleared away and worked fine the rest of the day. Once while watching Netflix a weird green started to come onto the screen but then it went away and never took over the full screen. Just now it came on in the middle of Internet browsing and stayed up for maybe one minute before it went away. I have no idea what this is! Is it my graphics card? I am hoping it is not the logic board. It has only appeared when I am on the Internet. Anyone know what this is? The MacBook is maybe 3 years old, and I have 50G of free memory.

I attached a picture of it just a couple minutes ago.

Attachments

• macbookerror.JPG
    macbookerror.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 232
Reaction score
Hi,

Could be graphics card/ logic board issue think it would be prudent to book a GB appointment at your nearest Apple store and get techs to diagnose.
One thing are you 100% sure this only happens whilst on the net?
I would suggest doing a
SMC RESET

Last edited:

Ask a Question