Tablet - Watch Videos over the Network

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This is my first post and I can say that I am completely stumped on how to do this.

What I have right now, I have my external hard drive hooked up to my airport extreme so I can watch movies wirelessly through my house via my laptop. Now, I got a new Vizio tablet the other day and I have been trying to do the same thing with it, but I am completely stumped. I know i can do upnp and I could even set-up a ftp to get the files on my tablet by themselves...and if it comes down to that, that is what Ill do...but does anyone know how to do it as my computer does it.

Any help would be amazing!
Thanks!

Reaction score
you want to do what? on a what? I think you're in the wrong forums...

I posted it many places...and here was just one I thought people would know something about the airport extreme and its compatibility with the tablet.

Reaction score
The AirPort Extreme uses the SMB/CIFS protocol for FAT volumes, and both SMB/CIFS and AFP for HFS+ partitions.

Reaction score
It seems that the only way to do what i want is to root the device so that i can mount the drive over the network, as well as enable windows files sharing on the airport extreme...but that would be something to do on the android tablet.

Ask a Question