Stuck halfway through reinstall of 10.4.4

Reaction score
Hello,
Since my hard drive seems to have failed and nothing else was working, I erased my hard drive and tried to reinstall from the original Tiger install discs (10.4.4). The first one worked fine, but now it's asking for the second install disc, which I keep putting in but the disc drive keeps rejecting it. It's clean with no scratches, I've contacted Apple and looked online for replacement discs to no avail, they don't make them anymore. What's more, I can't seem to get out of the install menu that keeps asking for the disc! Anyone know a way to get out or to get around this? As you can tell I'm no expert....

PS I used to run Leopard on this machine, I tried to boot directly from that disc but it didn't work either, the drive just spat it out. The slot was a little wony before but it wasn't rejecting everything,

HALP!

This is a 2006 Intel CoreDuo 17 inch model A1173

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry it took us so long to respond.

You are using the correct original discs for that iMac, correct? The OS X build number for those discs should be one of the following:

8G1165, 8G1171, 8G1172, 8I2040

Do you have any other sets of install discs that could have gotten mixed in?

C

Ask a Question