Stuck after reboot

Reaction score
a few days ago I took my MacBook Pro 15” with touchbar to the Apple store where they rebooted it and shut it down. Today I tried to turn it back on but am unable to get past the last screen of the reboot. It says I have options to restart or shutdown, but nothing happens when I click on it. Does anyone know what to do? (Sorry for the poor quality photo)
101C3E6B-A6E6-47F0-A423-7DADB44A351E.jpeg

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Looks like it is starting in Apple Diagnostic mode: How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac. You can try restarting, or power down, then press the power button. Either way, immediately hold the Option key down, and keep holding it until you see the Startup Manager screen: How to select a different startup disk. You can then let go. You should see at least your startup drive, normally called Macintosh HD. Click it with your trackpad while holding the Control key, to set it as you startup disk, and your MBP should startup normally from then on.

Let us know if that doesn't work for you.

C

Ask a Question