Stuck at Apple grey screen

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm using a macbook running tiger (latest update). I was prompted to install the new versions of iTunes and Quicktime. After the install as usual i was asked to restart my computer. I did this and then left to eat. After arriving back at my computer i found that it was still stuck in the grey screen with the gear moving. I ran the hardware check and disk imaging check both came back with nothing wrong. What can i do? I really need my computer back asap and the closest apple store is a long T ride away. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Boot off your Install CD (on startup with the cd in hold the c key) It will ask you your language. Then at the top bar there should be a utilities down down menu and select disk utilities. And repair permissions.

That might fix your problem

Let me know

Reaction score
I did all the possible repairs off the start-up disk and got no where. I took it in to the apple store today and I had to archive and reinstall the os. I guess a few people have been having trouble with the update and this seems to fix it, but it's kind of a pain. Thanks though!

Ask a Question