startup fail

Reaction score
alright at first it started up fine and i was having problems with the SBBOD and so i went into safe-mode and then restarted to come out of safe mode. when i restarted it said i need to re install the computer again, i clicked to install a hard drive i think, and it was taking forever and failed so i rebooted and then on the start-up a command prompt looking screen appeared, saying it was unable to load the software or something, i couldn't do anything from that page so i rebooted again and then the screen just stayed grey with no symbols or anything, i am not a mac kinda person i use a PC, i'm trying to help out my friend, any help would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
i turned off after the screen was just grey and left it for a little bit and came back and started t up and it started evedrything up fine again, although it is fine now there is most likely still something wrong and the SBBOD is still happening here and there and the ram i dont htink is the problem and there aren't programs running in the background, the only problem running in the background that take a % of the CPU are root user programs and i am not sure if i should stop those or not

Reaction score
Hi,

SBBOD indicates hardware or software issues. Personally feel it could be hard drive dying but might be wrong if this only happens at boot.
Would suggest your friend books a GB appointment at there Apple store. Will be the quickest way to get the problem diagnosed.

Ask a Question