Startup Disk Memory FULL??

Reaction score
I dont understand, i've been getting this warning saying my startup disk memory is full, but i only use my computer to go online, email, write papers and download music, how can i have used 55 gb? so i've been deleting things, and did a virus scan just in case but is there more i can do to get the memory back?

Reaction score
hey um go to the apple site and download the istat widget it lets u moniter ur system and tells u how much memory u have left other than that i guess u just watch how much memory u lose

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

can you do a command + i on your hard disk icon, and then post what it says, ie how much is used and how much is free...

Unfortunately, you can't use the iStat widget or any widget....these are a feature of OS X 10.4 and won't work on previous versions.

regards

Ric

W

WillmarJ

i have the same problem and i downloaded the widget. And it says 99%, but when i look at the gauge, it looks like an E on the other side, but the needle is on the otherside, so whats the deal. Am I using 99% of the memory? By the way, i have a G4 ibook with just the basic memory in it, which is 256mb, right? I just dont want to spend the $$$ on memory if its not the problem of the computer running slow.

Ask a Question