Stacks Weirdness

Reaction score
Hi all-

I've recently become a huge fan of stacks albeit for one thing; the icon situation. I'm sure most of you know that if you use stacks, the first file in the folder you place in the dock shows atop the folder icon. For example, I would LOVE to have my applications folder as a stack in my dock, but the address book icon shows atop the actual folder when I place it there and it annoys the hell outta me.

I read there is really no way around this without some kind of hack/tweak, but here's the weird part. I created a new user profile in my system this morning and the app folder was automatically placed in the dock for that account. It is displaying as I wish it would in my main account; just as a folder with no address book icon. It's a mirror image of the actual applications folder.

Is there some kind of setting I'm missing?

Thanks for reading!

Reaction score
Hello,
control-click on the Applications folder icon in your dock, and under the heading of "Display as", click on Folder.

Ask a Question