Speedtouch 330 not connecting in 10.4

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm running both 10.3.9 and 10.4.3 on the same computer on different drives.
I can run 10.3 ok
when I switch to 10.4 the usb light stays red, the diagnostic has no information within the connection area (ie VCI, Type & Encapsulation)
I have tried various methods of uninstalling and reinstalling - including the old CD and speedtouch update, and a straight update from their website.
essentially i'm not getting a "new port detected" in the network configuration.

Can you answer the following:
Is this a 10.4.3 problem or my ISPs problem?
(or just my problem) and is there a fix or test i can perform?

thanks for any help you can supply

regards
Jon

Reaction score

Ric

Reaction score
No problem !

the ethernet routers are much better !

Let us know if you want any advice on one that you are looking at.

Regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi guys this is the first time I write in this forum and I hope you can help me.

I'm really a lot surprised that after about one year and an half i have the same EXACT problem as jonellis...
I can't find a new update for speed touch besides the one you have there ric, and I still install it without any problmes, but when I connect the speed touch modem to my mac book it dosn't recognize it, and there is no pop up windows saying that a new hardwere was found, and i get the same blinking red light :S
My worst problem is that I want to connect a modem because I only need on PC with internet, so I'm not really in the mood of buying a router...

Plz help me, because I looked all over google and I can't still find an workable update and it as passed all this time :S

PS: I tryed getting driver for a IceData 500 modem that I have, but the first thing that google found was a link to a forum were a guy with a mac book Intel was saying how we coudn't connect his modem (and IceData 500) because the computer didn't recognize the modem... Are the new Mac Book Intel with the OS 10.4 (Tiger) alergic to Modems? (hehe)

Reaction score
Hi guys, I had exactly the same problem,
http://www.thomson-broadband.co.uk/codepages/content3.asp?c=7&ProductID=471
try this page and the 10.4 download, it worked fine for me EXCEPT, I was told by mac support that in the phone number box, you must enter 0
I found that sometimes the mac crashed tho, just a case of reboot when the light is red on the modem.

Don't ask me why but hey it's like the bt homehub, you have to put a $ infront of the wireless code on a mac?!?
Hope this helps,
Phil

Ask a Question