software updates help

Reaction score
Hi,

Brief background..old imac g4 from around the year 2000 hasn't been used in a long time so havent updated anything in awhile. Would like to update but when i run the system update...it doesn't return anything but a quicktime and bluetooth to update. How do I get the latest software? is it too late? do i need to buy newer versions? thanks

Reaction score
What OS version are you using? You can always reset your system software updates to see if there are any other updates that you might have skipped previously. Just open Software Update > Reset Ignored Updates. You'll then see a complete list of things you might skipped before.

Reaction score
I am currently running 10.2.8 and I did not find any other updates for 10.2. Does that mean I need to pay to upgrade to 10.3 or higher? Do you know what version my system would support and whether it is work the cost? It is a PPC G4 800mhz I bought in 2000. It only has 256mb ram and about a 70GB HD. I thought it would be an okay computer for my kids but it does have its limitations. Ideas?

Ask a Question