snow leopard line on screen

Reaction score
A line appeared on my screen(desktop and wherever I surf to) that seperates my screen about 1/3rd to 2/3rds.Doesn't seem to affect anything, it's just there---wherever I go kind of like a faint dotted line. No other apps are open. I can't get rid of it. Where did it come from and how do I get rid of it? It's very annoying!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Can you upload a screenshot of this line?

Shift+Command+3 is the combo to take a screenshot, and you can upload it in your post by clicking "Go Advanced" and looking down below the reply window to where the Additional Option section is.

You will see the "Attach Files" section and a button to press to upload your file. (Manage Attachments)

Reaction score
here is the screen shot

Attachments

• Screen shot.jpeg  .jpg
    Screen shot.jpeg .jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 210

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Did you by any chance recently purchase your mac? Which mac do you have?

Try to select a plain desktop pattern and see if you can take a screenshot of the line ...

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried that and the line still didn't show up but it IS there on my desktop. Like a ghost in the machine, it just doesn't show up in a picture. That is so weird- now I'm really annoyed!LOL

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
There are a couple of answers I need from my previous post ... regarding warranty etc

Reaction score
I have had this Imac for quite awhile, but recently regraded to snow leopard-maybe about 4 months ago.Everything was fine until about 3 weeks ago when this line just appeared.

Ask a Question