Upgrading from Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Hi

I have a late 2006 2.16Ghz processor iMac which I will be updating to 4 gig RAM on Monday. I feel I ought to upgrade from Snow Leopard as it is no longer supported, but have heard bad stories about Yosemite. I am 68 and no geek. Any kind folks out there willing to give me advice? Do I upgrade, and if so to what?

Mike

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi, I have a late 2006 2.16Ghz processor iMac which I will be updating to 4 gig RAM on Monday. I feel I ought to upgrade from Snow Leopard as it is no longer supported, but have heard bad stories about Yosemite. I am 68 and no geek. Any kind folks out there willing to give me advice? Do I upgrade, and if so to what? Mike

Same as my iMac, I've upgraded mine to Lion 10.7.6 & that's the last upgrade for this particular iMac model.

Regarding the RAM, if you install 4GB only 3GB will be recognised by the System. Read more here

To upgrade to Lion should you so wish to … the method is outlined at the top of the page.

How do I upgrade from Snow Leopard to the next level Lion ?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Same as my iMac, I've upgraded mine to Lion 10.7.6 & that's the last upgrade for this particular iMac model.

Regarding the RAM, if you install 4GB only 3GB will be recognised by the System. Read more here

To upgrade to Lion should you so wish to … the method is outlined at the top of the page.

How do I upgrade from Snow Leopard to the next level Lion ?

Thanks for the information. I'll probably stick with what I've got re. the OS then - unless you tell me the lion is a lot better. I'm a bit miffed only 3GB of the RAM will be recognised.

Ask a Question