Sharing files and Apps on MacBook

Reaction score
I am a PC Convert. I recently converted my wife's Quicken from Windows to Mac but when I did it I was logged in to my Mac account. Now when she open Quicken in her Mac account, there is no data. I cannot find a way to either share this application or give her access to my folders so she can import the data. Any suggestions? BTW, neither Mac Help nor their online support was any help with this. Pretty disappointing.

Reaction score
The Application should be in your Applications Folder and that is available to all Users.

To move files from one account to another there is a folder in your
HardDrive/Users/Shared

This folder can be accessed from all User Accounts.

If you are using it a lot you can drag it into the Finder Sidebar, for easy access.

Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping to enable access to other folders but if the Shared folder is the only way, that'll work.

Reaction score
You can but you have to enable the whole path, from the other User Account to the folder you want to give them access too. Very tricky and the Mac works against you every step of the way. Its called security;-)

The easiest way is to have an external drive and turn Ignore ownership on this volume on in Get Info

Ask a Question