Seeking a solution for a digital scrap book of sorts...that you think would be easy....

Reaction score
Hello everyone - I have been searching for solution, or series of methods to form a solution, to address the following need..

NEED
Solution like OneNote that is self hosted, not stored on any cloud...accessible from macOS and iOS devices. - NO HOSTED CLOUD... personal cloud only.
I tend to collect scraps of information, PDFs and these days info captured as photos on the iPhone.
If I could be picky, it would be OneNote hosted on my own server...always surprised why Apple never dove in to meet this type of need.
Understand the directories of data include current and historical information that is about 75 gigs...so looking to keep that hosted locally and and easy way to interact w/the data from iOS devices.

HISTORY
Tried proprietary software over the years (Circus Ponies, Together.) Always runs into data being locked up or otherwise difficult to share or move into the future if the software goes belly up....so hoping the solution that is general. Tried DevonThink, and while vast and powerful it is over the top and designed for different needs, this quickly fell by the waste side. Tried a personal server set up back in the days of Mavericks. Tried various cross platform (macOS/iOS) apps, yet it filled up too much space on the iOS devices.

CURRENT STATE
ATM I am using Reslio Sync to sync them back the desktop, then organize the information when back on the desktop (which is done through a series of nested folders.) Works, however clunky and fills up the iPhone storage quickly. This can be time consuming and looking for less overhead.
Just set up a webdav which is getting closer to the solution. Trying to avoid the overhead involved w/OwnCloud/NextCloud solutions...when all I really need is a file server.

I'm certain others have run into these problems, though not as many are concerned about storing their data online. No hosted cloud is a hard requirement and prefer not to get into discussions on why or merits of encryption.

Thank you everyone...

Reaction score
Seeing tons of software for 'scrap booking' and this is just more organization of notes...all kinds of notes.

Ask a Question