Second Display issue

Reaction score
I successfully hooked up a second display and it was able to auto-detect the proper settings for it. Then I decided to see if I could switch the connection to the TV in the living room so I could stream to the living room if I wanted to, this didn't work which wasn't a big deal; however, when I reconnected to the original second display my Mac wasn't able to remember the settings and I haven't been able to get the screen to match up properly.

The second display is mostly working about the image is mapping about two inches too high so that the top cuts off and the bottom is black and where it said Samsung before it just says VGA display now.

I've tried to find some way to restore factory display settings without any luck and looked in the color utility and of course fiddled with the display settings in systems preferences but nothing seems to be helping.

Are there some files I need to find and delete or is there a way to reset my display settings to make my Mac forget that I've hooked up a second monitor so I can start over?

Ask a Question