Ringtone Question

Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm gonna get my iPhone 3G first thing in the morning on Friday. I just read up some info about ringtones, and it seems that you can only add mp3-ringtones by purchasing the ringtone option in the iTunes Store.

Is there any way to convert normal mp3s I imported from CDs into a ringtone?

Cheers,
Sandra :)

Reaction score
Hello Sandra!

Sorry this took awhile to spot on the board. Do you use a Mac or PC?

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Hello again,

I assume you use iTunes to manage your music and such. Can you tell me what version of GarageBand you are running? You can find out by opening GarageBand from the applications folder, then clicking on GarageBand in the upper left corner and selecting About GarageBand. Let us know what version you are running.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Hello again,

It sounds like you are running iLife 06 then. I know in the latest version of garageband (4.1.2) you can make ringtones. You can get that version of GarageBand in iLife 08, along with the rest of the iLife apps, for $80 US. If you don't want to go about getting that, I'll do some research and see if I can find a free app. Someone might know of something already and if they do, feel free to post it. Thanks. I hope this is helpful to you.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Definitely, thanks so much. I don't plan to buy the new iLife, I hardly ever use the package. But another app'd be awesome.

Ask a Question