Resetting Java Resolution

Reaction score
I mistakenly changed my default Java resolution to 64-bit, not realizing (duh) that I have a 32-bit system, so making the resolution higher just makes applications that run Java angry when I try to use them. Both 32-bit and 64-bit are listed and checked in preferences, but even though I changed 32 back to the 'priority' one, sites like Netflix still make me reload every time I try to use them. I can't just uncheck 64-bit, and 'restore defaults' doesn't do anything.
I changed to 64-bit by clicking on options and entering a little applet command, which of course I cannot for the life of me find the link to anymore. Would anyone happen to know that applet command so that I can reset it to 32-bit?

Running 10.6.7 on a MacBook

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I mistakenly changed my default Java resolution to 64-bit, not realizing (duh) that I have a 32-bit system, so making the resolution higher just makes applications that run Java angry when I try to use them. Both 32-bit and 64-bit are listed and checked in preferences, but even though I changed 32 back to the 'priority' one, sites like Netflix still make me reload every time I try to use them. I can't just uncheck 64-bit, and 'restore defaults' doesn't do anything.
I changed to 64-bit by clicking on options and entering a little applet command, which of course I cannot for the life of me find the link to anymore. Would anyone happen to know that applet command so that I can reset it to 32-bit?

Running 10.6.7 on a MacBook

I found this thread over at Adobe Forums ... have a read through, there are several methods used and finally the OP has success ... might be a fix in there for you too?

forums/adobe.com/

Ask a Question