Reloading Mac OS 10.4.9 Tiger.

Reaction score
g'day all,
Wondering if you can help me out. My sister has a macbook and its just come back from apple care with a new hard drive. Originally the machine had Tiger 10.4.9 on it, however the Mac Care people loaded it with Leopard. Leopard is what she would prefer however after going through the set up screens we got to the login screen and couldn't get in. I looked at the command screen (with direction from Mac care) using Command+S and there were no users showing.

So the question is this:

1. If I want to reload Tiger to overwrite the Leopard how do I get that happening. I use to be a PC user and all you had to do was put the disc in when starting up the computer and it would then load the new operating software using the discs in the drive. However when I put the disc in the mac when starting it doesn't recognise the disc and takes me to the leopard login screen. The problem is that if I need to get past the login screen but I can't due to no users being recognised by this machine. Can you let me know how to do this?

2. I guess the other possibility is to work out how to get the leopard working so that it recognises users and lets us get past the login screen.

Thanks

Russ

Reaction score
When you put the disc in and restarted did you hold down the "C" key to start up from the disc !.

you should be able to format it from there and install Tiger.

Ask a Question