Record DS Audio Directly ?

Reaction score
Hey. I want to record audio directly from my Nintendo DS to my Mac. I do have an audio jack that looks like a headphone jack on both sides of the cord, and plugs from my DS to either the headphone jack, or the speaker thing. I'm running leopard, so just tell me what I need to do to get this done ! Thanx a bunch.:)

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to post what kind of mac i have. Its an eMac... I know, out of date, but I'm going to get the new MacBook in November.

Reaction score
If i were you, i would wait for the MacBook. I don't know the I/O on the eMac, and I cant be sure everything runs smoothly under leopard.

Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of people on this website install leopard on really old computers? I mean I am on a 1.25 G4 just like the eMac, but people seem to be installing it places it shouldn't be. I just look forward to the more stable snow leopard.

There should be two thinks that look like headphone jacks on your emac. One has a picture of headphones next to it. Use the other one. Go into system preferences>sound>input. Choose line in. Plug in your DS and have it make sound, see if the computer "hears" it by looking at the bars. Then use garageband to record. Good luck!

Ask a Question