Recomendations for cleaning up mac app files.

Reaction score
I threw some app in the trash, but it seems there are still some invissible and system files that are still in use,

can anyone recomment a cleaning app that can scan my imac and fing files/preferences, etc linked to missing files.

I know its a basic question. I only know photoshop.. ther rest is magic to me.

regards
Sandy

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

It is always best to use an uninstaller, if the software vendor has one. If not, the next best step is to use an application like AppCleaner, as it will remove related files in the Library, System, and other folders. Some folks use CleanMyMac X, but I don't have any personal experience with it.

If you have a partially uninstalled app, we may be able to guide you to the remaining pieces. If it is still in the Trash, you could move it back, then use AppCleaner.

C

Reaction score
Yes Hindsite would be great on computers... something is hoging my usb, and blocking my printers.. have been thrashing un needed apps.
regards, Sandy

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

If you give us a bit more detail of the issue(s) you are having, we may be able to fix them without deleting more applications/files.

C

Reaction score
imac 27" late 2012 OS 10.13.6. I have a problem where my 2 epson printers dont show up in the Printer pane of system preferences, and I cant print to them, yet a system reports shows the computer see them. on one occasion Ihad to do 3 restarst before they showed up. but I found "ManyCam" app i installed to try use PC web cam was a usb hog. and for weeks after that no problems. not the problem is back... also my usb mouse cursor was jumping and moving on the screen with out me touching the mouse... that ended when I went back to the apple magic mouse... (have a love hate relation with that as it eats batteries) regards, Sandy

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Sounds like the drivers need to be updated or they need to be setup in the Printers & Scanners preference pane. They will show in System Report in the USB section if they are connected, but that just means they are recognized by the USB subsystem, not that they are setup/installed to be used by applications.

Which models are the Epson printers? We'll see if we can point you to the drivers, which will allow you to set the m up properly.

C

Reaction score
Hi, all correctly installed though the Printer & Scanner pane... and all correctly updated... printers are Epson 4700 econo tank (for letters & Invoices) and P800 for A1 printing. (I owned many large formamt epron printers from 24" to 44"... (lost those in 2011 floods.
even when the dont show up and I have re installed them though the System preferences panes, they still disapear... before 10.13.6 a simply unplug of the usb hub and re plu gin after a few minutes would fix it... but not this time... dam

Reaction score
one of the problmes cause dby this is my microsoft work 2011. which for some strange reason looks for printers first when saving a file.
word problem.jpg

Ask a Question