MacBook stopped working after cleaning it from the inside

Reaction score
I decided to clean my Macbook pro completely from the inside few days ago, I looked up a tutorial on iFixit and I went ahead and removed the SSD, airport card, and both the fans to clean under them, made sure I didn't drop any liquid on anything inside..

so my problem is that when I put my Macbook together again and closed it up, I proceeded to bootup the Macbook ( I have bootcamp installed as well ) So when i booted up to bootcamp the Windows 10 logo showed and it was loading, then some blue stripes popped on the screen really fast and then disappeared, after that the screen went to complete black and nothing was happening anymore, I left it there for at least 30 minutes and it stayed completely black.

Tried to boot into MacOs and it went to the apple logo with the progress bar half full then it got stuck there too..

What should I do? I suspect that I might've wired something incorrectly inside the Macbook, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, cleaning your Mac in this way is never recommended, as it is not a user-serviceable device. Internal damage can easily be caused without proper anti-static precautions, training, and experience.

It sounds as if something is not connected/seated properly, or some form of damage has occurred internally. There isn't any way for us to diagnose the actual issue remotely, and the best course of action would be to have an Apple Authorized Service Provider take a look at the mcahine in person and troubleshoot/run full hardware diagnostics.

C

Ask a Question