Pulling data from a Mac HDD

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I have a HDD from a dead Mac, and I'm trying to pull some data off of it. I don't have access to another Mac, but I do have two Windows machines. I was hoping someone here could advise me on the most ideal way of approaching this issue. The HDD, as I understand it, is structured in Mac OS Extended (Journaled). I've booted into a few linux kernels to see if the HDD could be read that way, but it simply says the drive can't be mounted. I evidently don't have the most experience with Macs, but am willing to try whatever. I was wondering about the feasibility of creating a bootable Mac flash drive, but a brief Google search isn't really providing me with much. Or perhaps just see if I can boot one of my windows machines from the HDD? Perhaps I'm just thinking everything is more complicated than it really is, and am just glazing over an obvious solution. Any ways, I'm in a bit of a rush, so a quick response would be really appreciated, and I hope I posted this in the right section! Thanks.

Ask a Question