Problems Opening Office Mac Entourage

Reaction score
I am a brand new Mac user, having just switched from a PC. I installed Office for Mac before I deleted the trial version. Everything was working fine but I kept getting the "Buy Now" reminder. I deleted all of Office and then reinstalled the full version, When I try to open Entourage I get the message: This identity cannot be opened with this version of Entourage.

The rest of the office programs open with no problems.

What happened and please help me figure out how to get entourage opened.

I have a MacBook and am running Mac OS X 10.4.8

Thanks,

Caragh

Reaction score
Are you using Microsoft Office X or Microsoft Office 2004? Have you run Microsoft's Auto Updater software after installing? In addition to making sure your Entourage is the most current version (if you're running Office 2004 and are completely up to date, your version of Entourage should be 11.2.5--click on the Entourage icon and go to File->Get Info to see version), Office 2004 installer disk has an option to uninstall all older versions including Test Drive versions. I've seen this problem in the past and the software update has done the trick... Especially want to make sure you're up to date since you're in an Intel Mac...

Ask a Question