Problem - Epson printer & Mac

Reaction score
My Mac Pro is USB connected to an Epson SX515W and the combo has always been brilliant (at least since I worked out how to deal definitively with the Epson clogged inkjets problem). Quite suddenly the printer began refusing to print certain files. Other files printed just fine. The failures had the Epson status message:

Error:/Library/Printers/EPSON/Inkjetprinter2/Filter/rastertoescpll.app/Contents/MacOS/rastertoescpll failed

I have tried uninstalling the Epson drivers etc, then re-installing from the original Epson disk - still no joy.

The files that won't print will print ok from my MacBook pro connected by WiFi to a different printer. Any ideas anyone? :cool:

Reaction score
There was a major Epson Printer Driver update just last week, have you installed those?

Reaction score
Epson's latest driver for my printer is from 2009 - v. 6.62. I guess this is what I have been using, and anyway - all was working perfectly from 2009 until about a week ago.

Ask a Question