printing from Adobe can't get the printer

Reaction score
hi all...
here is my new problem ... at least for me ...
after instaling adobe CS2 (or CS) some computers can't use the printer and get only PDF window.. from indsign or Ill. when I tried to select the printer or create print stile I can't .. give me msg that I can't use the printer...
it comes in one app; only but the other is working. Some time with Ill on a computer .. other computer working fine.. and other with Ind. and so on
I delete the adobe user pref. and the adobe sys. pref and some other files from lib. folder
any way .... I need to know the reason for this before I find the answer.
our computers G5 10.4.8 and CS2 with Arabic support and all of it working fine.. only 3 computers have this problem.
thank you all for answering soon
:biggrin:

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
What are the specs and models of the Macs that you mention? What printer are you using?

Go into an newly created InDesign doc and then go to the Print Dialogue box.

At the top there should be 3 menu bars, the top one says Print Preset, next is Printer (whatever your printer is will show up here), and the final menu bar is PPD. What does it say in the PPD menu bar, is there a choosable option?

Reaction score
hi all
all software is working fine with the printers .. we use HP and C2P printers ( 4 modles.. ) all of it working fine.. it happen only with Ill on one computer and with indesign on other one.. all of other is working ok even photoshop...
it is only that you can't get the printer style or you can't select any printer cause it is not appear in the menu..
by the way ... if you creat new user and print .. it is working fine.
it is something with the user account .. and I think it is in Pref or printer folder ...

Reaction score
hi all..
so no one know this ...?
I create new user and it works fine for 2 days only .. after that it happened again .. I think it should be when the pref. file for printing is created in the user folder...
still I need some help ..

Ask a Question