SOLVED Printing a pdf document in A5 double-sided booklet form

Reaction score
Dear All,
What are your recommendations for the easiest way of printing a document in landscape orientation, A5 size, double sided, in booklet format - i.e with correct page order?

I have a standard MacBook with no special printing apps currently, running OS Mojave.

Thanks.

Chris

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Which application and version are you using to view/create the document?
-What brand/model printer and does it have automatic duplex (two-sided) printing capability?

C

Reaction score
Hi,

OS X Mojave.
Viewing pdf file in Preview, but can print from Pages
Canon 5750 printer, which has automatic double-sided print capability.

Thanks.

Chris

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

You should be able to change settings in the Print dialog box. Try clicking on the word Preview and choose Layout. That should give you controls for two-sided layout.

This article may help a bit: How to Print Double Sided on Mac with Any Printer

Let us know if you have additional questions.

C

Reaction score
Cory,

Thanks. I've learnt something about the Print command options.

What I was hoping to do though was to print A5 size, at two document pages per sheet, double-sided, so as to create a booklet stapled in the centre. So this would mean, for a 10-page document for example, and ignoring a front cover design, that page 1 prints on the LHS of sheet 1 upper side, page 10 on the RHS, pages 9 & 2 (L & R resp.) on the reverse side of sheet 2, pages 3 & 8 on the top side, and pages 7 &4 (reverse side) and 5 & 6 topside, if you see what I mean.

Is that an available feature in Print, or is there an add-on program that can do it?

Regards,

Chris

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
To answer my own post, I discovered that Adobe Acrobat Reader has a Booklet option in its Print command

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question