Printer sharing help please

Reaction score
I have a 1.6GHz PowerPC G5 running OS 10.5.8. Wife has a 800MHz PowerPC G4 running OS 10.3.9. These are hardwired to each other through an ethernet router. The router is then connected to our cable modem to the outside world.

We have a Brother model DCP-7020 USB printer/scanner. We can each plug into it individually and print, but I cannot figure out how to make printer sharing work.

With the printer plugged into my machine, I reinstalled the printer and gave it a distinct name. I turned printer sharing on on my machine.

When I try to print from her machine, I select "shared printer" on the print screen, and the distinctively named printer is there, and I select it. As a matter of fact, I made it her default printer. However nothing is ever printed. The print queue screen says "will try again in 10 seconds".

Anyone have any suggestions? Or can someone point me to a pre-existing discussion?

Ask a Question