Photos Library.photoslibrary>...albums

Reaction score
My first experiences with Photos Library.photoslibrary > Photos on the Mac (MacOs Mojave) What I remarked:
I created an album selecting photos from a 'Moment' in Photos. For the album I deleted some of these pictures and adjusting many of the remaining pictures. Looking back at the original 'Moment' it appeared that my deletions and adjustments had also been applied in there.

Is that normal?

In fact it is nice since I presume that the album now causes almost no extra space load on disk and just only contains 'references' to the original but modified 'Moment'.

Am I right?

Thanks for your answers, Dirk

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Yes, I believe that is how it works. It depends on what you click - Delete 1 photo or Remove from Album. And, because an alum is just a link to the photo in the Photos Library (as is Moments - just a smart album), then any adjustments made to the photo would carry through to any anywhere else it is represented.

Photos User Guide

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question