other printing options?

Reaction score
I've previously asked about wireless printing servers... but I just thought about and looked up simply usb + ethernet print servers. Can I connect my usb epson 1270 printer to a (for example, U.S. ROBOTICS USB Print Server TCP/IP) usb printer server and then connect the server to my existing linksys wireless router? So, will I then be able to connect to ther printer via any of the computers wirelessly connected in the house. Hope I'm making sense?! I have two ibooks, one running 10.3.9 and one running 10.4.4 and sometimes run into other computers in the house.
Is this a crazy idea?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

sorry for the delay...

If you have a 'spare' ethernet socket on your router then yes it should be straight forward...

Plug the USB printer into the "U.S. ROBOTICS USB Print Server" then plug the Ethernet cable from that into the Linksys Router...

I personally use an Apple Snow Base Station and plug my USB printer directly into that and then all the Mac's on the Wireless Network can access it...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric said:
Hi there,

sorry for the delay...

If you have a 'spare' ethernet socket on your router then yes it should be straight forward...

Plug the USB printer into the "U.S. ROBOTICS USB Print Server" then plug the Ethernet cable from that into the Linksys Router...

I personally use an Apple Snow Base Station and plug my USB printer directly into that and then all the Mac's on the Wireless Network can access it...

regards

Ric

no worries, my man -
you're always looking into my problems for me.

what's a snow base station?
i've pretty much given up on it for right now... so maybe in a few i'll ask again!
bb

Reaction score
I have a netgear wireless g router and a netgear wireless print server. It works fine for my HP Photoshop 1115. I can't get my Epson to work, because i don't know how to assign the driver in the IP print setup on this Apple. My HP worked fine ,but it had the HP model listed in the "model list". OSX 10.3.9 I can print from any where from my house and i have my printers in a different room from my router (for space reasons small room). I also use a windows PC which both printers work wirelessly. thanks les

Ask a Question