OS9 Dial Up Problem

Reaction score
Greetings All

Here's the Problem: Using Dial Up, OS 9, Explorer and Netscape, and Outlook. The machine is dialing, connecting, and authenticating. Connecting at decent speeds, but will not receive when trying to bring up home page or collect email. Thought perhaps the web was just that busy, but it has been going on for a couple of days.

Help?!
Morgan Shea

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi 2-Shea and welcome, have you contacted your ISP about this problem? Is this a new account? Have you ever been able to browse the web & collect emails etc, at all?

Reaction score
Hi 2-Shea and welcome,

have you contacted your ISP about this problem? Not Yet, I'm was waiting a day or two to see idf it cleared up

Is this a new account? No Quite Old

Have you ever been able to browse the web & collect emails etc, at all? Yes

At First I was thinking it might just be that the machine is old and long in the tooth, but the more I tracked the behavior I started thinking ISP problems. Then last night it styarted working again. I think you were correct.

Fingers crossed
Morgan Shea

Reaction score
hi
once it is clear it means your system is ok
try to send Fax.. only Fax to any landline Fax.. if it sent it means your Dailup system is working ok
if it is ok go to your Pref folder in your system folder .. find the IE pref, netscape and your email software .. delete the pref. files and open them again..
if it is ok it will open normaly ... if not go to the setting and check the proxy if you have or the connection ( sometimes adjusted to network ont dailup but this only may be not more 10%)

Ask a Question