Old Mac Pro with AOC monitor

Reaction score
Hello, I just recently purchased a old Mac Pro from ebay and i'm trying to set it up
Just bought a monitor from best buy and realized this process isn't straightforward
the Monitor requires a CD to be inputed into the computer box i think since when i
turn it on now it remains a black screen even if connected to my mac pro
but the optical drive openings are closed. idk what this means if i have to unscrew that
part of the mac pro and do something

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac Pro?
-Which version of OS X?
-Which model AOC monitor?
-How is it connected to the Mac - VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc.?
-I am not sure what you mean by "but the optical drive openings are closed."?
-What software is on the disc that came with the AOC monitor? You shouldn't need to install anything for it...it is probably just the Windows drivers.

C

Reaction score
Apparently DVI needs stuff instead of just cable plug in like hdmi,So i just returned the monitor and got Hdmi to dvi cable with my mini TV atm : /, but now I got another problem D:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Strange that the DVI required some additional software to be installed. It must have specialty resolutions or something. Apple-compatible displays/monitors never need any additional software.

Glad that is sorted,

C

Ask a Question