Old Mac Pro memory

Reaction score
My 2008 desktop Mac Pro...I run 16g memory and it was slowing down so I installed 16g more thinking it would perk up a bit but the machine won't recognize the new memory..I've done all I can think of to get it to "see" the new install but no luck..Any suggestions?....Thanks...windsail...

Reaction score
Yes..correct module..but I should add that it came from New Egg and it is a cheap one..Too late to send it back but maybe it's faulty...I was just concerned that I had not performed some action that would be necessary..I'm kinda dumb you know...Thanks again...

Reaction score
Surprised that you would get such a product from Newegg.

Note also from the link I provided that via OWC, 64 gig of RAM can be recognized on your Mac.

Reaction score
Thanks for your interest and time honestone...I just reordered 16 more from them...If I find that the new modules work out I will send the other back and plea my case for a refund...Thanks again...windsail...

Ask a Question