SOLVED Notes not synching

Reaction score
I have several notes that are shared with my wife. When one of us updates the note, the changes do not show up in the other’s copy of the shared note. Furthermore, all my notes have stopped synching between my Mac and my iPhone. My iPhone, my wife’s iPhone, and my Mac are all on the same network.

What could be causing these problems, and how can I fix them? Are there problems with settings on my Mac or one or both of our iPhones? This is a very frustrating problem that has been ongoing for several months. Can you help me, please?

iPhone SE 3
iOS 16.7

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

It can depend on how you are sharing the notes: Share notes and collaborate on iPhone

Syncing your Notes via your iCloud account between devices that are signed in to the same iCloud/Apple ID account should be automatic.

Are you and your wife's iPhones using the same iCloud account?
Are you using the same iCloud account on your Mac and your iPhone?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

It can depend on how you are sharing the notes: Share notes and collaborate on iPhone

Syncing your Notes via your iCloud account between devices that are signed in to the same iCloud/Apple ID account should be automatic.

Are you and your wife's iPhones using the same iCloud account?
Are you using the same iCloud account on your Mac and your iPhone?
We each have our own iCloud account. But we have shared iCloud storage. My Mac and my iPhone use the same iCloud account.

Reaction score
We each have our own iCloud account. But we have shared iCloud storage. My Mac and my iPhone use the same iCloud account.

Reaction score
But it isn't. I create a note in the notes app on my Mac, and it should show up in Notes on my iPhone, but it doesn't. It shows up in the Notes on iCloud.com, but it never shows up on my phone. I've tried logging into iCloud.com on my phone to copy the contents of the note; I can select the contents, but there's no way to copy the selection. This used to work flawlessly. But in the last month or so, it has stopped working. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone tell me why this is happening, and how to fix it? It's becoming infuriating. Please help.

Reaction score
All my notes are showing up correctly in iCloud, and on my Mac. I deleted the notes app on my iPhone, then re-downloaded it. Now it's empty. How do I sync it with my iCloud account?

Reaction score
What you need to do is sign out of iCloud on your iPhone (When prompted, do not save anything on your iPhone) , and then sign back in.

After you sign back in, everything should be populated.

Ask a Question