Not my pictures

Reaction score
I have about 1,000 pictures, and my attempts to get them to work with Screen Saver has not been successful. I have a Macbook pro with El Capitan, 13". When I opt for Pictures,it will not highlight. I cannot get them onboard. I had no problem with this same computer and Yosemite; my pictures appeared just like that.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Are you saying that when you click the disclosure triangle to the left of "Pictures" to display the nested folders, there is nothing to display or you cannot select any of the nested folders?

Reaction score
Are you saying that when you click the disclosure triangle to the left of "Pictures" to display the nested folders, there is nothing to display or you cannot select any of the nested folders?
When I opt for Pictures, the next screen does show Pictures (along with Desktop, documents, etc.) and to the right of PICTURES, you can see faint photos, nothing on that page lights up or changes when I hit it. I might add that there is 'something' to the left of PICTURES, but I am unable to identify it as a triangle. With Yosemite, with this computer, I had no such problem. Same with our 10.6.8 Mac Mini, pictures show up fine with screen saver. ???

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Can you post a screenshot? Shift  4 the hover the crosshair over your System Prefs window & press the spacebar. When the mouse cursor turns into a camera click your mouse to take the shot then just upload it here for us to see.

Reaction score
Can you post a screenshot? Shift  4 the hover the crosshair over your System Prefs window & press the spacebar. When the mouse cursor turns into a camera click your mouse to take the shot then just upload it here for us to see.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 8.57.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 8.57.54 AM.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 263
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 8.58.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 8.58.36 AM.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 263
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 8.59.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 8.59.14 AM.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 268

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Those are Photos Libraries in your first screenshot, not folders. In the Screen Saver > Source: menu, choose Photo Library... not Choose Folder... and it will let you choose one of those Photos Libraries.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Those are Photos Libraries in your first screenshot, not folders. In the Screen Saver > Source: menu, choose Photo Library... not Choose Folder... and it will let you choose one of those Photos Libraries.

C
When I am on SCREEN SAVER, MENU and when I hit CHOOSE, the next screen shows PICTURES. I am unable to find Photo Library. I might be trying your patience; please understand that I am an 85 yr old codger who is doing his best soloing and your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...we has all the patience n the world.

Here is what I meant:

 > System Preferences... > Desktop & Screen Saver
ss1.png

Source: menu
ss2.png

Click on Photo Library... there, not Choose Folder... Then choose one of your Photos Libraries.

Let us know if that is not what you see.

C

Reaction score
No, I did not see that. But, in the meantime, I talked with Apple Support and they re-figured my computer so that now I do get the pictures on my screen saver. She did this by setting up a separate folder containing all of my pictures. Their job is easier in that they are able to actually see my screen. Thanks for helping.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Good to hear you're happy!

Regarding your age, good onya for having a go!

Remember no question is too silly & as volunteers we are only too happy to assist where we can.

Ask a Question