no more pop-up menu for remote speakers in iTunes

Reaction score
Recently, the pop-up menu on iTunes for my remote speakers stopped appearing and I can no longer stream music through my stereo. I have an Airport Express and it's my only modem. My roommate and I share it, and obviously it's connected to the internet, and neither of us has the pop-up menu anymore. We have no trouble printing to our shared printer. I just downloaded the most recent Airport software and Aiport Express firmware updates, to no avail.

Thanks for help!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

What colour is the light flashing on the Express ?

Have you had a look in the Airport Express Admin software is the Music tab showing... like below, maybe one of the updates has turned it off ?

itunes-streaming.jpg

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I went to the Airport Admin Utility page you sent, but I have no "Music" tab. "WDS" is the furthest right on my page.

Meanwhile, I reset the airport and recreated my profile, and still no luck. I have a solid green light, am connected to the internet, and can print wirelessly to my USB printer. My RCA cables are connecting the airport to the stereo because it make a dull hum in the speakers when connected. I checked the box in iTunes to check for remote speakers. I run Airport Admin Utility v4.2 (420.31), Apple Base Station v6.3, iTunes v6.0.5, and OS X v10.4.7. And as I mentioned before, I connect directly to a cable modem from the Airport Express.

This was all working a few weeks ago. My roommate is having the same problem, and though we have very similar computers (iBook G4), I don't think he's running Tiger and he's less likely to complete all software updates.

Your help is much appreciated!

Hardy

Reaction score
I had the same problem, both on my Imac and Macbook Pro. Restting the Airport (unplug and restart fixed the problem.

Ask a Question