New (and most likely last) Version of Sierra Released, OS 10.12.6

Reaction score
Well, OS 10.12.6, the latest version of Sierra, was released earlier today:

http://osxdaily.com/2017/07/19/macos-sierra-10-12-6-update-mac/

It looks like it has some useful features, with security updates being the most important. I have downloaded the Combo Updater and applied it to my Mac Mini. Everything went well. I am currently downloading it for my Mac Book Air.

Also, for folks that have Tech Tool Pro, it would be wise to delete the "older" eDrive, then create a new one based on OS 110.12.6. I am about to do that now.

Reaction score
Well, OS 10.12.6, the latest version of Sierra, was released earlier today:

http://osxdaily.com/2017/07/19/macos-sierra-10-12-6-update-mac/

It looks like it has some useful features, with security updates being the most important. I have downloaded the Combo Updater and applied it to my Mac Mini. Everything went well. I am currently downloading it for my Mac Book Air.

Also, for folks that have Tech Tool Pro, it would be wise to delete the "older" eDrive, then create a new one based on OS 110.12.6. I am about to do that now.
Just downloaded this an am about to create a bootable thumb drive and make a couple of archive copies of the installer just to be safe. I already have 10.12.6, just didn't have the installer like I've had with my previous OSs.

And, yeah, I had to create new eDrives after installing Sierra.

While I may be considered juvenile for doing so, I've been having a blast asking Siri stupid questions just to hear her answers. It also occurs to me how disturbing it might seem that I keep referring to Siri as "her" and "she."

Reaction score
That's a wise move! I still have the OS 10.12.6 installer file that I downloaded from the App Store copied in a number of places: once on each of my Macs, and once on both of my SuperDuper! backups for each on my Macs on external SSDs. Last night I downloaded the full Mac OS 10.13.2 file from the App Store to both of my Macs, and as I always do, I made a copy of the downloaded file in another location on each machine.

Ask a Question