Network over internet

Reaction score
Hello all !

You guys have helped me a lot already and here I am back with a stupid question:

Would it be possible to make a little network between a friend's computer and mine over the internet. My friend lives in the US, I am in France. Friend is on a PC, I am on a G4 under OS X 10.3.9 ?

The idea is that my friend can "look" into my computer and have total access to all files and lookup files and view artwork WITHOUT having to download it and also have no trace left on the US computer because of security (my copyright on artwork) reasons, because other people also have access to that particular PC in the US.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Takeo.

Reaction score
I connect from work to my home computer all the time. I use Dyndns.com you do not need to pay for one computer if you are going to use more I think you do but you and your friend can each sign up with one.

since he has a pc he will need realvnc server running on his computer and the mac can then connect to the pc and control it with Apple remote desktop (you have to pay for ARD) or chicken of the vnc (free).

Now you will have to make sure you have those firewall ports open

Reaction score
Unlike LightGear, I have not been able to use DynDNS. Somehow, the setting just won't stick. So, recently I discovered the free service provided by LogMeIn.com. Check it out and see if it works. I like it.

Ask a Question