Needing help with importing.

Reaction score
Okay, so, my friend and I finished filming a video with my camcorder the last day. I plugged the cam and my MacBook together with the USB, link, whatever and like it says in Help Viewer about importing video, I switch it to Camera Mode. But it says that if the camcorder is connected with iSight then you have to click on the camera and there's a drop-down list and you have to click Camcorder or whatever. But all there is in the list is "Built-in iSight" and "Time Lapse..." Built-in iSight has a checkmark beside it. How can I finish importing and disable Built-in iSight?
I am VERY new to this. Like a baby.

Reaction score
The Help Viewer topic is Importing Video From Your Camcorder.
1. Turn on your camcorder, and set the camcorder to VTR mode (some camcorders call this Play or VCR).
2.Connect your camcorder to your computer using a FireWire cable. If you need help with this, see Related Topics below or refer to the documentation that came with your camera.
3. In iMovie HD, click the mode switch to set iMovie HD to camera mode (shown above). If you have more than one camcorder, or a camcorder and iSight are connected, choose your camcorder from the pop-up menu that appears when you press the camera icon.

I've done step 1 and 2.

Reaction score
Oh PLEASE somebody help me! My friend and I spent 6 hours working on the video and I really want to import it!

Reaction score
Oh, I got it!
I hadn't put my camcorder onto VTR/VCR mode!
But how do I do that? I can only find the francais version of my Sony Handycam...

Ask a Question