Need Help with PowerMac G4 running Tiger

Reaction score
When starting up and I am at the apple signal with the revolving circle it spins and spins and eventually stops then it will just sit there. I decided to try and format the system and start over, and that didn't help. I can only start it up in safe mode and now my audio won't work it says their are no output devices found, and all of the moving elements on the mac I.E. Genie Effect, Dashboard, and all other animations are choppy. I can't start it up in safe mode all the time. Can anyone please help?

Thank You, Sincerely -Rob

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi Meade87 and welcome.

What are the specs of the PowerMac G4? Do you have any clues as to how this came about or what you last were doing prior to this becoming a major prob? Have you run Disc Utility to verify/repair Permissions and your HD?

Reaction score
Hello,

Dual 800 Mhz Processor PowerMac G4
1.5 GBs of Ram.

everything else standard with a quicksilver powermac g4

I did use disc utitlity and verified permissions and that didn't help, and honestly I don't know what could of did it. I did put the computer in the trunk of my car and transport it, but since it starts up in safe mode I don't think its damage done to the physical hardware of the system from transport. Honestly, I've had a new iMac Intel for a little while now and haven't used the g4 for like 2 months but before I stopped using it, it worked fine. I hope that helps.

Ask a Question