Need help!! My iPod froze!!

Reaction score
Hi, I have an iPod 80GB 5.5 Gen. I plugged it in my computer today and then i opened itunes. Then I plugeed my cell phone in my computer as well. Then all the sudden the iPod's "Do not disconnect" screen did not move and it is frozen now. And my computer froze as well as the iPod. I cant eject it, format, or do anything to it.
someone please help asap!!

thankyou

Reaction score
Hello Shungo and Welcome!

Have you unplugged your iPod from the computer yet?

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Quit all applications including iTunes

Now open iTunes and see if your iPod appears in the source bar. Try ejecting it now.

If that didn't work, try ejecting it from the finder (Mac) or PC. In the Mac - right click on the iPod and click eject. In Windows, go to my computer and right click on the iPod and click eject.

If that still hasn't worked, feel if the iPod hard drive is spinning. If it isn't, just pull the plug - no pun intended.

If the iPod's hard drive is spinning, try closing and reopening iTunes and see if your iPod ejects.

If that's still a no go, try resetting your iPod by holding down the Menu and Center buttons for 10 seconds until the Apple Logo appears.

If that's still a no go, shut down the computer. If that still didn't work, then just wait until your iPod's hard drive stops and then pull the plug.

I hope that helps you out.

Cheerio
Searay

Ask a Question