Need Help Asap

Reaction score
hello sorry no time for small talk i need HELP my powerbooks keyboard is not responding all of the volume and brightness keys work but the computers is acting as if the Command key is being held down i have tried everythin but Reload osx can anyone help

Reaction score
i am not sure what you meen. i am thinking i disabled the keyboard some how with a shortcut or somthing

Reaction score
there is a fn key located on the key board
also try hitting numlock
i assume its working with an external keyboard ?

Reaction score
no i am working with a built in keyboard i tried hitting the fn key. this problem is weird cause the way the commad key is like permently ON

Reaction score
some how it worked it self out i rebooted it for like the tenth time and now its all good thanx for your help man

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

In the future I would check the System Preferences...

Could you have somehow changed the modifier keys in the System Preferences-->Keyboard & Mouse-->Keyboard .... Modifier Keys button

If the Caps lock was changed to the command key...this would give the behaviour that you described..

Alternatively, if you had run an AppleScript that crashed part way through, that had implemented a "Keystroke command down" this can lock the command key down... and will only be corrected by restarting or running a "command key up" AppleScript...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question