[SOLVED] Need help asap!!!

Reaction score
I accidentally tried to move about 400 GIF flies from one folder onto my desktop and now Finder is not responding and I don't know what to do. I have it selected to show previews and that seems to be what's slowing it down (can't load 400 previews), but I can't undo the action and I don't know what else to do. Please somebody help! My computer is an iBook G4 running 10.4 in case it matters. Please help me if you can!! I'm totally panicking!!! :(

Reaction score
Re: Need help asap!!!

Here's someone who had a similar problem. She claimed to have solved it by doing this-

"I had this same problem, not with photos, but with 1200 fonts that slipped onto my desktop by accident. How did I solve it?

1) I logged in as a different user, in this case "guest"
2) I gave "guest" permission to access my personal Desktop folder (Use "get info" for that folder, then change permissions)
3) I moved the offending items off the desktop into a subfolder
4) I reverted the Desktop folder permissions to it's old status
5) I logged in again as myself."

Reaction score
Re: Need help asap!!!

Your welcome. :) I wish that I had known this years ago when I did the same thing that you did. It would have saved me the trouble of reinstalling the operating system!

Ask a Question