My Start Up

Reaction score
Hi I was getting ready to sell my mac and I had to restart due to updates.
the Mac OS X Setup Assistant pops up and asks me to fill out some questions to "get ready on my new mac?" I filled it out and then clicked done. About 3 seconds after it popped back up again. Once again I filled it out. I did this about 5 times and it just never goes away. Help me please? :frown:

karazelle

Reaction score
Hi I was getting ready to sell my mac and I had to restart due to updates.
the Mac OS X Setup Assistant pops up and asks me to fill out some questions to "get ready on my new mac?" I filled it out and then clicked done. About 3 seconds after it popped back up again. Once again I filled it out. I did this about 5 times and it just never goes away. Help me please? :frown:

You might have a permission error. Try booting your OS X DVD (hold down Option/Alt after the chime) and then after the Language option, go to the menu bar top left and open Disk Check. Run disk check and permission repair.
Then see if the assistant works.

If that doesn't work, you should be able to skip the assistant or press Cmd+Q to "quit" it.

Ask a Question