My Automator Is Completely Missing?

Reaction score
I went to try and use the Automator (just fiddling around to see what it could do) and it was not in the Utilities folder, nor does doind a FULL search on my Mac HD show anything but 1 reference to a file that ended with .plist or something. Can anyone help me figure out how to re-install Automator? I've tried Archive and Reinstall, and googled till I'm burnt out. All to no avail. I'd appreciate some help if anyone knows where I can go for a solution. Thanks in advance.

jbf1

Reaction score
If this is still an issue IM me and I'll stick a copy on my iDisk for you.

Reaction score
THanks for contacting me. Got it figured out anyway. But Thanks for the support!

Reaction score
I simply did an Archive and Re-Install, and that took care of it. Didn't take to long either. Thanks for the communication and offers of help.
jbf1:)

Reaction score
Hello previous posters!
I was passed along a friend's old macbook, and have discovered I have the same problem as the above person. I don't use the automator function for that much, but it really does come in handy when you need it! Being as I'm not sure where the disks got packed in the move to try the above-mentioned solution, I wondered if the other poster would be so kind to let me grab a copy of it from them?

Reaction score
Its not in the Applications nor Utilities Folders?

I have version 10.5.8... and no, I've already done a thorough Finder search, and tried looking on google to see where I could retrieve it again. I hadn't considered the other poster's Archive solution before... if you think that's the best way to go about it, I can certainly look for my disks, I just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask, and wanted to avoid messing with my System! Thanks for your reply!

Reaction score
sorry I don't currently have a Leopard version, will keep and eye out for one. It may take a week or 2.

Ask a Question