MTing the trash

D

dick

Greets,

Most days, I can empty the trash with no problem. Just a qucik click on 'Secure Empty' and it's, well, it's flushed.

But I haven't been able to dump the trash for a week now and my compulsive need to empty that trash is making me nuts (well, more nuts).

You see, I tried to trash some alias's (alias's???) from 'Recent Items' but but they won't MT. Seems this ol' MacBook thinks oneor more of things is 'in use' and it won't let them MT.

D

dick

Part 2 of MT the trash.

(one those two typing fingers spazzed & and double faulted on send 'fore I was done)
Anyway, I taken each alias out of the trash one by one to find the one that might be 'in use' but none of them own up to it. I've tried both "Empty Trash' and Secure Empty Trash'. I've put those 8 alaii (alaii???) in a folder & changed the name of the folder. I've tried to move them out of the trash onto the HD so I don't have to look at them in the trash but they won't leave. (Sort of like my third best ol' ex-girlfriend -- a real clingy type, she was). So SwampWitch, save me -- how do I do a "Force Empty Trash"?

Reaction score
Did you try holding down the option key while emptying the trash?

Failing that, Super Empty Trash is a fantastic little applescript applet that will try to empty the trash with admin privileges.

Brian.

Ask a Question