Mounted FTP Drive Problem

Reaction score
I wanted to be able to mount a site as a drive on my desktop since I have a few websites I work with all the time.

I can mount a drive right from the finder but it is read only so that is of no help to me.

I remembered that Transmit did this and it was pretty cool, so I downloaded the demo and took it for a spin. The actual ftp client works just as expected, I kinda like it. However, when I mount the ftp site as a drive it doesn't work properly. I emailed them but they we unable to really help.

I assumed it was that programs mount function, so I found another app called web drive and installed that demo. Same problem. There is no regular client with that so there was nothing to test there.

I have filezilla installed too and it works. The problem is just with mounted ftp drives.

Here is what happens. If I drag a file from the site to my local machine, all is well. But if I try to transfer a file from my local drive to the mounted ftp, it chokes and dies. For a while I will get the barber pole with zero bytes sent, then it will go to 8.4 megs and hang there. The interesting thing about that is that in the past I had an external usb hdd that has an enclosure that was failing. Whenever it acted up it would stop at 8.4 megs.

I am at a loss as to what is causing this. I am hoping to figure it out so I can mount the sites.

Any ideas?

Tommy

Ask a Question