Hiding mounted drive window at boot up

Reaction score
Hi all Mick here a mac newbie. I am running sierra and have a question about "mapping network drives" How do you do it? To be honest I think I have done it and placed an icon on the desktop to the various drives but if I boot the mac away from the network my icons disappear, is that normal? I have a copy of outlook on the mac for pop email but every time I run the program it asks for my password which I enter and tick save in keychain but it keeps asking. Hope I have placed this in the right forum.

Mick

Reaction score
Hi,

Did to add/ drag the mapped drives on the desktop to users and groups in system preferences? You need to select the Login Items option.
Check the “Hide” box next to your mapped volume, otherwise a window will open automatically.

Reaction score
Guy/Girls
I have "mapped" some network drives on MacBook and selected the tick to hide the drive windows on boot up but the connected drives still show the drive contents at boot up, any ideas??

Ask a Question