Microsoft Office Help

Reaction score
For some reason my office programs such as word and entourage aren't working. Whenever i open them i get a pop-up that says " Application launch Failure. The application excel could not be launched because of a shared library error: '6<microsoftExcel> <CarbonLib> <CFMPriv_LaunchServices><>"

Ive tried deleted all office applications and reinstalling them but the same message came up.

Suggestions or Advice?

Reaction score
For some reason my office programs such as word and entourage aren't working. Whenever i open them i get a pop-up that says " Application launch Failure. The application excel could not be launched because of a shared library error: '6<microsoftExcel> <CarbonLib> <CFMPriv_LaunchServices><>"

Ive tried deleted all office applications and reinstalling them but the same message came up.

Suggestions or Advice?

If this is Office 2004, I think it's cured by applying all possible updates. Ensure all Office apps have all the latest updates installed (you may have to go through several updates-upon-updates to get there) and the error should disappear.

I know this is the case with Word 2004, but am not sure about Excel. The error message looks suspiciously similar though... :cool:

Good luck

John

Ask a Question