Microsoft Office on Mac

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to Mac. I love my shiny new 27" screen and am getting use to the different OS. The problem is I do a lot of word-processing and also desktop publishing. (I'm editor of an e-newsletter). I tried using Istudio but was disappointed with it. Although MS Publisher is not without its problems it seems to be the best of what I have used so far. The Mac versions of MS Office programs are nothing like the windows version and Publisher is not available. I'm therefore thinking of running Windows on my Mac so that I can have the proper version of office. I use Office 365. Before I spend £160 on Parallel 9, Windows 8.1 and an optical drive to install them, can anyone give advise if office 365 will run this way and if there is a better option?
Thanks in advance

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Yes, Parallels/Windows will run Office quite well. I run Parallels 9 with Windows XP SP3 and Office 97 without any issues. Parallels 9 with Windows 8.1 and Office 365 should be flawless.

Just my $.02. I am sure others will chime in as well.

C

Ask a Question