Mail - Google account: "failed to verify server certificate"

Tks

Reaction score
Good day to all,

I get this message to provide a password for my Google account, but when I proceed I get the message in attachment.
I had this problem in the past (2 years ago) but can't remember how it started, nor how it was solved, but I remember it took months, and that I use d Thunderbird in the meantime.
This time, it happened after a reinstall of High Sierra on my imac 27 mid 2010.

Any idea about what's happening is most welcome.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 19.48.59.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 19.48.59.png
    27 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
1) Clear your browser cache: First try clearing the cache (browsing data) of the browser you are using.

2) If #1 does not work, check your date and time: Certificate authentication requires your Mac’s time be in sync with the server you are connecting to. Open System Preferences on your Mac and go to "Date & Time". Ensure the option to "Set date and time automatically" is checked (click the lock to make changes). Make sure to select the timezone location you are.

Tks

Reaction score
1) Clear your browser cache: First try clearing the cache (browsing data) of the browser you are using.

2) If #1 does not work, check your date and time: Certificate authentication requires your Mac’s time be in sync with the server you are connecting to. Open System Preferences on your Mac and go to "Date & Time". Ensure the option to "Set date and time automatically" is checked (click the lock to make changes). Make sure to select the timezone location you are.
I'm sorry I think I forgot to mention I was using the Mail app. I have no issues receiving mail in browser or iphone for that matter.

Ask a Question